Grim Horizons

Violet set the tablet on the coffee table that was in front of her as she sighed. She may never see her oldest son in the flesh again and that was not exactly a pleasant thought. Now she knew how Deb felt about Damian going. She was going to be pretty sad that now two of her kids were leaving. It was worse because she was pretty sure her best friend didn't even know yet.

She huffed. "Hey Siri. Text Deb."

"Sure. What do you want to say to Deb?"

"Its wine-o-clock. Come over and share some with me."

"Here's your message to Deb. It's wine-o-clock come over and share some with me. Would you like me to send it?"

"Yes," she said as she got up to make coffee. She, for once, was not in the mood to cook or bake. She pulled out the Irish whiskey and poured it into a glass as she waited for her husband to get up.

@Dragon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Red slept for another hour or so until the alarm went off. He knew something was up as he came down the stairs. The smell of coffee was filtering from the kitchen, but that was it. He didn't hear the tell tale sounds of Violet moving around. 

Of course, finding his wife at the table with a glass of bourbon only confirmed his suspicions. 

"What's got you drinking at dark thirty?" he asked as he entered the dining room. 

@Morrigan

Violet looked up to her husband and gave him a forced smile as she spun her finger around the top of the glass.

”Seth and Alice are either coming home or going on the Wanderer mission,” she said picking up the half full glass before knocking it back.

@Dragon

“Seth said that some engineers got sick and they want Alice to go. They basically threatened them with not going if they didn’t want to go on the Wanderer 1 mission,” she said pouring herself another drink.

@Dragon

“I don’t know. When I talked to Seth an hour ago Alice went for a run but I do know that Deb likely knows something is up because I texted her that we needed to do wine-o-clock at five am.”

@Dragon

"Why? She wanted to go to Mars with Ilia. She's already pissed she's not on the moon and instead curled up in bed upstairs."

@Dragon

Violet shook her head. "No," she said to him. "Which makes me feel like its all bluster on their part to bully Seth and Alice into it. That or they plan to delay it if she says no."

@Dragon

“Doesn’t make them any less of assholes though. If they are going I’m going to see if I can send Seth the box of mom stuff he got for Alice over the years. He might want it while he’s out there.”

@Dragon

Violet nodded. “Good but occasionally stupid,” she took in a breath and sighed. “If they do have kids we won’t even see them for months after they are born. The data will take forever to get back to us. If it ever does.”

@Dragon